Following are insights provided by HCRI therapy program participants who just completed their 12-day intensive treatment program at the Institute’s treatment center in Roanoke, Virginia. Their advice is geared toward individuals who are just starting their fluency training at HCRI.
- Leave the past behind. We all have a new life in front of us. We all have the ability to move forward. This is going to change your life forever….No one is worth it more than you…Believe in the program and in yourself, this will lead to a lifetime of success.
- We may not choose to stutter but we choose to be fluent. Realize the choice and invest in yourself.
- Take these 12 days to disconnect from the rest of your life and focus on the one aspect that has troubled you for so long. It will take 100% of your effort but….you are 1 step closer to commanding your fluency.
- We didn’t say it was going to be easy. We said it’s going to be worth it.
- You have already made the effort to change your life by coming down here, that right there shows so much in yourself. Don’t give up you can change your life.
- The journey to fluency may not be easy but there is light at the end of the tunnel. That light is called fluency!
- You have been given empirical evidence throughout the past 11 days that YOU CAN control your speech. Focus on where you are now going, the possibilities ahead of you, not where you have been.
- This can be a turning point in your life. For me I know it will be because I will practice as much as the clinicians tell me. If you make the same wise choice, you will LIMITLESS.
- This program works, I know. I was once where you are. I beat stuttering. Practice-Patience-Perseverance-Payoff!
For more about participation in HCRI stuttering therapy, click here: What to Expect from HCRI Stuttering Therapy>>.
Contact HCRI any time if you have questions or need more information.