Hollins Fluency SystemThe Hollins Fluency System II: Advanced Speech Reconstruction for Stuttering™ is HCRI's third-generation therapy program. This powerful, proprietary stuttering treatment system incorporates our latest research findings, technology and training methods to significantly improve the learning and retention of fluent speech.
Only offered at HCRI, the Hollins Fluency System II replaces our earlier therapies, the Precision Fluency Shaping Program, and the previous generation of our Hollins Fluency System.
How Therapy WorksHollins Fluency System II helps people who stutter learn how to replace faulty muscle contractions that cause stuttering with new muscle behaviors that generate fluent speech. By literally “reconstructing” muscle actions that drive movements of the tongue, lip, jaw, soft palette, and vocal folds, individuals who stutter can achieve and sustain the ability to speak fluently.
In this latest generationof HCRI stuttering treatment, we have:
- Incorporated new knowledge of muscle movement targets that actively generate fluent speech for each sound class in our language. These changes have strengthened the core of the therapy system.
- Improved computer-based training techniques through which fluency skills are learned, making it easier for clients to understand, learn, and maintain the details of muscle movements that produce fluent speech.
- Added sophisticated performance tracking tools that help clinicians quantitatively evaluate and guide each individual's stuttering therapy progress and treatment needs.
- Developed and introduced the use of HCRI´s proprietary iPhone/iPod Touch app during therapy to help program participants more easily transfer new fluency skills from the clinical setting into real-life situations.
- Created the new Hollins Fluency Program using a web-based format, paving the way to explore remote access, quality controlled treatment for stuttering anywhere there is an internet connection.
- 90-93% achieve fluency by the end of their 12-day fluency-skill training program.
- 70-75% retain fluency when evaluated one and again two years post therapy.